Independent Living - San Diego, Tuolumne, Amador, and Calaveras Counties
Creative Support Alternatives provides Independent Living Services (ILS) in San Diego, Tuolumne, Amador, and Calaveras County to enable adults with developmental disabilities to live in their own home and fully participate as members of their chosen community. All of our Independent Living Services are vendored through the San Diego Regional Center and Valley Mountain Regional Center
ILS consists of functional skills training and teaching in order to provide and maintain skills necessary for people with developmental disabilities to live independently.
Whether through teaching or training support, our services will assist people to:
- Locate, acquire, and maintain affordable housing through lease or home ownership.
- Develop a support team based on the individual’s specific needs and hours of funding provided by the vendoring Regional Center.
- Learn daily living skills, such as cooking, cleaning, shopping, and personal care.
- Assist people to make an informed choice.
- Fully utilize available resources such as Social Security benefits, In-Home Supportive Services, housing assistance programs, and mental health services.
- Train people to manage their finances to meet financial responsibilities, to maintain long term financial stability, and to minimize risk of exploitation.